Disclaimer

As I go to counseling and talk to my family and friends, the truth of things that have happened to me or that I have done will come out. Some will be graphic, others sad, some might just be angering for others. For all this I am sorry, but it needs to come out so that people can understand where my depression and anger come from. There for I do want to apologize a head of time and please don't be afraid to comment or leave your thoughts on my Blog. Thank You.

Need Immediate Help?

If you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call 1–800–273–8255 (TALK), or if you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room
"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself" ~~Thomas Jefferson.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Borderline Personality Disorder: Who do we blame?

Since finding out the true meaning of Borderline Personality Disorder I have been pondering my past. Was it the years of sexual and physical abuse at the hands of others? Was it the fact my parents divorced when I was 5 years old? Was it the fact that neither of my parents could handle me so I was shifted back and forth between them? Was it the fact my father was always at work and because I didn't have a dick felt the need not to hug me, tell me he loved me, or his lack of needing or wanting to do things with me? Could it be because my mom had her own depression to deal with as she grew up with me? I'll never know the answer to any of these questions. But I can and I will defeat Borderline Personality Disorder. I have to if I ever expect to have a normal love life with anyone or even a relationship with myself.

In reality, we can't blame anyone but ourselves. Yes I said ourselves! Your probably thinking, "how can you say ourselves if we learned it from other's"? Did those others hold your hand while you did what ever it was that destroyed that part of your life? No! You saw someone do something and thought that was cool, so what, that doesn't mean you have to do it. Trust me when I tell you I have done more then my fair amount of stupid shit and I won't stop till I die more then likely. So many people are quick to blame others for their faults or on society. How can we blame others when we control our own actions and destinies! Now, before you jump all over me, I do know the difference between our own actions and actions that are beyond our control.
The relationship with myself will be the hardest as I hate myself to no end. On the relationship with others side of things: I've had true love and destroyed it. I'll find it again someday. For me self hatred comes easy. I'm fat, can not seem to do anything right, I never finish what I start, can't hold a job, have alienated most of my family, have no friends (no real ones anyway), and have a mental illness called Bipolar.  Boy does that suck. LOL. Now do we see why it's so simple to hate myself?

I see a picture of a skinny girl on TV, do I sit there and desire something that will more then likely never happen to me or do I just sit there crying, or do I get up and change the fact I'm fat and she isn't? I don't have to let society, friends, family, whomever, control my destiny unless I choose to let them. If I want to get off the couch one day and decide I'm going to be skinny, then thats me deciding, not society.
My point today is we can't keep letting others run our live in that unknown way that they do. We need to take control of our lives and get ourselves back on track! We need ourselves to be happy and healthy in order to move forward in life.

Goal #1 for myself: TAKE BACK MY LIFE!!!!!!

No comments:

Mental Health Month Blog Day Badge