Disclaimer

As I go to counseling and talk to my family and friends, the truth of things that have happened to me or that I have done will come out. Some will be graphic, others sad, some might just be angering for others. For all this I am sorry, but it needs to come out so that people can understand where my depression and anger come from. There for I do want to apologize a head of time and please don't be afraid to comment or leave your thoughts on my Blog. Thank You.

Need Immediate Help?

If you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call 1–800–273–8255 (TALK), or if you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room
"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself" ~~Thomas Jefferson.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Own Christmas Hell

Christmas day I called my dad and finally caught him at home. W talked for about 10 minutes, well I talked for 10 minutes. Then he started in on how my step-sister is losing her job, needs $500 a month liver injections, how my kid doesn't do a damn thing, and kept on complaining. He almost made it sound like I was only calling him to ask for money, which I was not doing by far. He got so irate at nothing that I didn't even bring up the fact he never calls me back when I make my weekly "try to reach him" calls. I was telling him about my counseling sessions and my individual therapy sessions and all he could do is ask me why I need counseling. Uhm HELLO, for the past 15 years your daughter has had Bipolar, remember! Guess I'm that forgetable. He wonder's why I date men his age. "I'm looking for acceptance from a father figure since you won't give it to me asshole!" That and older guys are much more cooler then men my age. LOL.I then told him about how I will be starting school January 11th, his reply, make sure you finish it this time. Not one word of any kind of encouragement in that phone conversation. But I know I'll be trying to reach him again on New Years Day, just because he is MY dad.

It hurts very badly that I so crave his acceptance and I can't get him to show one ounce of love towards me. Maybe I should sent him this blog just so he can see what our relationship does to me. I'll never have the balls, never. Nor will I ever stand up to him in person or by writing a letter to him. No matter how much I want him to feel what I'm feeling. The man that took over as my Dad is long gone, I miss him every moment. That was my grandfather. There was a man who came close to grampy, but as usual, I fucked that up.

My son didn't want to talk to me because he was with his father's family. To me that shouldn't matter, but I guess it does to him. All I wanted to do was tell him Merry Christmas, I love him, and ask him how he was doing. He instead said "I'll call you back mom, I got your cash and card," and then just hung up on me. My Grammy gave me a $50.00 for Christmas, I sent it to my son since I knew he would be disappointed if he didn't get anything from me.

All the hard work on myself that I have been doing, down the drain. Negetivity has reentered my mind. Here I was so fucking proud of all the positive engery that I had been experincing, only to have it go to hell in less then hour. Who cares I had nothing to give my mom, who cares that I sent my last buck to my kid and am broke, who cares I can't get my medicine anymore, all these things were not even bothering me when I woke up Christmas morning. Until I started calling my family. Then I felt like the biggest piece of shit on earth. The funny thing is that I don't hold it against them for making me feel that way, but I hold it against me for feeling that way. The first thought after each call was: "what did I do wrong". I came down hard on myself and needless to say, I have the marks to prove it.

For the first time in many years, I actually thought about suicide.

No comments:

Mental Health Month Blog Day Badge