Disclaimer

As I go to counseling and talk to my family and friends, the truth of things that have happened to me or that I have done will come out. Some will be graphic, others sad, some might just be angering for others. For all this I am sorry, but it needs to come out so that people can understand where my depression and anger come from. There for I do want to apologize a head of time and please don't be afraid to comment or leave your thoughts on my Blog. Thank You.

Need Immediate Help?

If you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call 1–800–273–8255 (TALK), or if you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room
"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself" ~~Thomas Jefferson.

Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Beginning... School

I am so nervous, yet so excited. Today marks officially the first day of school for me. I am going for my Bachelor's in Psychology! So far I am a week ahead in my classes since I have ben working a head, that is what happens when you chose a all online school. You know your assignments way a head of time.

I am apprehensive due to the fact that reading over others posts I see them using words I can't get my mind around. Hell for the first assignment I had to have mom decipher a sentence for me in order to complete my tasks. Now mind you, I'm not a stupid person, but my mind doesn't focus or comprehend as it should. So I can see right now that this is going to be a issue for me.

Seeing all the big words that the others are using and me not knowing the definitions is a scary feeling, specially when I know that I have to go hand in hand with my laptop just to find the meanings of things in order to get by. I left my dictionary and thesaurus in Georgia, so I will have to carry my laptop at all times just to complete an offline task. LOL. Boy will I look funny having it like a leash around my neck.

So yes I am scared but extremely excited about returning to school....

1 comment:

Wendy Burnett said...

Good for you! Going back to school is a scary, exiting thing, and I wish you all the best. One suggestion: see if your school provides disability support services. If they do, they should be able to help you with the comprehension issues.

Wendy
http://wendyburnett.wordpress.com

Mental Health Month Blog Day Badge