Disclaimer

As I go to counseling and talk to my family and friends, the truth of things that have happened to me or that I have done will come out. Some will be graphic, others sad, some might just be angering for others. For all this I am sorry, but it needs to come out so that people can understand where my depression and anger come from. There for I do want to apologize a head of time and please don't be afraid to comment or leave your thoughts on my Blog. Thank You.

Need Immediate Help?

If you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call 1–800–273–8255 (TALK), or if you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room
"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself" ~~Thomas Jefferson.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Strange Behaviour

For me, today was a total disaster! But as I sit here writing about it, I know in reality it wasn't a mess. The tiny things that happened today; such as dropping the cake, then dropping breakfast, then burning dinner, my step-dad ignoring me, they should have royally pissed me off. But they didn't.

For the first time I was able to let bad things (sure things have been worse) happen and not get pissed off about them. Sure I was mad in the moment, but I instantly bounced back. I am so happy and proud of myself for the way I handled things.

I'm starting to learn who the REAL Lori is!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Way to go! Sounds like you're doing well with emotional regulation. Can't remember if you've done the DBT thing or not but that's just DBT jargon.

My therapist says that those of us with BPD typically are quick to have a rise in our emotions and slow to resolve the rise. While those other people out there, lucky as they are not to have BPD, tend to be slower to rise and quicker to return to normal state. I'm sure it's a generality but you know what I'm saying.

I hope someday I'll be slow to rise, like your day was today!

Have a good one,
Stacy

Mental Health Month Blog Day Badge